No party is complete without a scrumptious cake. Every celebration, be it birthdays, anniversaries, festivals etc., calls for a cake! And what is more better than everyone’s favourite chocolate cake! This recipe is easy and quick to make and the end result is just gorgeous. Chocolate cakes should be moist and fudgy and this recipe will yield just that! It is by far the best chocolate cake recipe!
Ingredients for the chocolate cake
- 2 cups plain flour (maida)
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 3/4th cup of cocoa powder (I used the one by cadbury)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk (full fat)
- 125ml vegetable oil (used olive oil)
- 250ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 9 in cake tin.
- Place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, or electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture will now be very liquid.)
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Insert a skewer into the center of cake and check if it comes out clean. If not, you will need to bake it for a little more time.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let it cool completely, before icing.
You can ice the cake with chocolate ganache and decorate it with fruits or edible cake sprinkles. If you want you could also ice it with chocolate butter cream icing. If you’re good with the pipe, then you can make it look gorgeous just as the cake. But I believe if the chocolate cake is yum, then a simple decor is suffice! Your guests will just gorge on the cake and before you know it, the cake is over!